Dr. Michael J. Cohen
Native to South Florida
Dr. Michael J. Cohen, or Dr. Mickey as his staff and patients refer to him, has practiced in this area for more than 20 years. He earned his Doctor of Chiropractic degree in 1993 from Life University in Marietta, Georgia, and he currently lives in the Fort Lauderdale area with his wife, Sue, and their two sons, Daniel and Jason.
An Experienced Professional
Dr. Mickey has experience treating a wide variety of painful conditions. In addition to injuries resulting from auto accidents, workplace incidents, and daily life, Dr. Mickey is well-versed in spine and neck injuries related to sports and recreation, such as golfing, boating, and fishing. In his Plantation office, Dr. Mickey has treated many professional athletes and teams, and he looks forward to sharing that expertise with coastal residents in Fort Lauderdale.
- Advanced training in exercise physiology, nutrition, sports performance and injury, pediatrics, maternity care, and chiropractic biophysics
- Physician’s certification in worker’s compensation, chiropractic biophysics, pro-sport seminars, and Pettibon technique
- CLEAR Institute certification for scoliosis correction
- Member of:
- International Chiropractors Association
- Florida Chiropractic Society
- Sports Council
- Florida Academy of Chiropractic
- Southern Chiropractic Association
- Professional Baseball Chiropractic Society, Board of Representatives
- National League East
- Team chiropractor for the Miami Marlins, the Colorado Rockies, the Washington Nationals, and for Team Venezuela (World Baseball Classic)
- Radio: "Health through Chiropractic" WAVS 1170 AM, WEXY 1520 AM
- Television: "Healthy Living" Media One Cable, Channel 19 · "High Performance Health & Healing" Channel 19
Dr. Cory Keesee
Dr. Cory S. Keesee, joins the Ft. Lauderdale Family Chiropractic team as a native from Johnstown, Ohio. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Davis and Elkins College in Elkins, WV where he was also a member of the baseball team competing at the NCAA Division II level. Dr. Cory went on to earn his Doctorate of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Port Orange, Florida. He currently resides in the Ft. Lauderdale area with his fiancée Cassie and dog Smalls.
Dr. Cory has experience treating a wide variety of painful conditions, as well as experience in sports medicine and injury prevention. He is proficient in chiropractic techniques such as Gonstead, Diversified, Thompson, Activator, and Pettibon.
- Rock Tape Performance Movement Taping Certified
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified
- Member of Florida Chiropractic Association
- Member of ACA Sports Council
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners Certified
- Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab (FAKTR)
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization